VerticalVet is responding to the impacts of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the veterinary community. Members and non-members are invited to utilize the resource center to access relevant news, virtual town halls, business strategies and shared resources to mitigate the risks and prepare for potential business interruptions.
The AVMA has put together an incredible resource page that highlights the following:
- General COVID-19 facts (symptoms, transmission, spread, and prevention)
- Answers to frequently asked questions about COVID-19
- Practical advice on protecting veterinary staff and caring for veterinary patients
- Up-to-date information on related legislation and supply chain issues
Virtual Town Hall Discussion
VerticalVet is a group resource community. The foundation of our business (peer learning x technology) typically focuses on providing resources to help members elevate and grow their practice, but COVID-19 demands we pivot. Together.
Hosted by Dr. Ernie Ward, these Town Hall-style meetings are now open to members and non-members of VerticalVet, including other GPO leadership and industry insiders. Dr. Ward will be joined by special guests each episode, discussing the coming business interruptions for veterinarians and potential solutions the industry can deploy to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the veterinary industry.
- Click here to access COVID-19 Practice Preparedness
- Episode 1- Surviving Economic Challenges
- Episode 2- How To’s of Telemedicine
- Episode 3- What You Need to Know About HR
- Episode 4- Preserving Your Revenue
- Episode 5- Inventory Management & PPE Forecast
- Episode 6- Self-Care, Wellness & Helping Our Staff & Clients
- Episode 7- Post COVID19 Veterinary Protocols
As veterinarians have an essential business designation, VerticalVet and its partners are collaborating on an effort to ensure members can stay open and continue to function safely.
Here’s how our trusted partners are available to help you:
As our contribution, Pawprint is offering a digital check-in service free for at least the next 3 months. Clients can check-in from their own device and avoid coming into the practice to complete forms. Our team of remote vet techs will gather all necessary medical records and provide them along with a summary so your doctors can operate with all the info they need (here is a sample).
If this would help your practice, signup for a 20-min consult by clicking here and we will get you setup asap.
Because we work with, and alongside, veterinarians every day, we have a unique appreciation for how busy you are. That’s why we created our patented software.
Submit claims online, get approval decisions in minutes, and receive payments directly into your hospital bank account—all to save your staff time and create the
best possible experience for your clients.
Trupanion has extended their offer for VerticalVet Members that are new to the Trupanion software. This will be a very important tool for clients during these uncharted times!
Give them a call at 855-727-9085 or send an email to email@example.com to get started today!
Helpful links from Trupanion:
PetPro Connect Telemedicine:
Our mission is to empower you to provide the best possible care for your furry loved ones while keeping your family vet engaged. We are the telemedicine solution designed with vets in mind.
News from the FDA
Touch-Free & Online Payment Processing
- Our partners at Infintech have options for you to process credit cards online and through a portable, wi-fi enabled processor. Please visit their website to learn more about these alternative solutions can work for you and your practice!
- From the practices we partner with to the patients we serve, safety is at the heart of Scratchpay. Despite the hardships that practices around the country and beyond are going through, we know you still have patients who need care. Scratchpay is helping to make curbside service not only possible, but seamless–which is why many groups and practices are advocating the use of Scratchpay through this crisis. Click here to learn more about how Scratchpay can help keep you and your clients safe!
Online Compound Orders
As we continue to keep an eye on the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainty it brings, Vetsource is more committed than ever to being a partner you and your clients can rely on.
An increasing number of pet owners are turning to Home Delivery for their pet’s products, and we want to assure you that we’re taking measures to ensure we can continue to support this demand. Here are some of the steps we’re taking:
Expanding pharmacy work hours and adjusting shifts to accommodate order volume
Reallocating staff and working with outside agencies to increase staffing in the pharmacy and call center, while taking every precaution to follow CDC guidelines and maintain personal safety
Working closely with manufacturers to increase inventory levels and minimize the impact of any potential disruption to our supply chain
Working with other partners in the industry to develop operational redundancies
Conducting frequent deep cleanings and daily sanitizing of the pharmacy and office areas
Latest from Today's Veterinary Business
Latest from Boehringer Ingelheim
Latest from MWI Animal Health
More information coming soon!
Latest from Virbac
At Virbac, we know the important role the veterinarian and medical teams offer in providing proper information to our pet families. Your expertise and leadership is significant in properly educating our pet owners on pandemics, critical disease outbreaks, and the effects on human health.
Please count on our relationship to help you and your medical team for short-term and longer term client communications and education. We can provide additional support through:
- One Health Initiative Resources
- Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) education and communications
- Virtual learnings for medical teams and clients
- Maintaining pet/human bond in times of COVID-19
- RACE continuing education, virtual training series including:
- Online pharmacy positioning and team skills
- Communication Skills
- Compassion Fatigue
- Vetfolio Subscriptions/online continuing education
- Social media strategies
- Creating and supporting proper medical communications to pet owners
- Parasite management and directives for immunocompromised patients
- Google Hangouts, Zoom, and Additional “Virtual” communication platform trainings
- Positively positioning the expertise of the veterinarian and medical team
CHANGE AGILITY HELPFUL TOOLS
COVID19 OWNER CONTACT GUIDELINES SUGGESTION
VIN COVID-19 INFORMATION CENTER FOR VETERINARIANS
Virbac Contact information:
Veterinary Team and Home Office: 800-338-3659. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Veterinary Team is available for product related inquiries, concerns, or to report adverse events related to Virbac products Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Central Standard Time. Our out-of-hours service is available to handle product concerns or adverse events at the same phone number outside of these hours.
Virbac Customer Support:
844-4-VIRBAC (844-484-7222) and at email@example.com
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Central Standard Time. Voicemail messages can be left outside of these hours and will be answered the next business day.
Helpful Links to Information
Dr. Ernie Ward- Blog
National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians:
World Health Organization (WHO):
World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE):
American Veterinary Medical Association: